Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ramblings of a fantastic husband

I always knew long back that there was every possibility that one day I may get a working woman to be my wife...and I got a girl, Who is earning almost as much as I do ...One, who has dreams and aspirations just as me and I understand that because she is as human as we are ...
She has never entered the kitchen in her life ,unlike me ,but like my
sister,must be because she was busy in studies and competing in a system
that gives no special concession to girls for their culinary achievements
She has lived and loved her parents & brothers & sisters and cousins and friends , almost as much as I have done almost for 25 years of her life...
Now she has bravely agreed to leave behind all that, her home, people who
love her, to adopt my home, my family,my ways and even my family ,name ...
I wonder why a girl is somehow expected to be a master-chef from day #1, and why I am expected to sleep oblivious to her predicament in her new circumstances, environment and that wonderful kitchen of mine ! Truth is I am an awsome cook and girls these days are usually pathetic when it comes to cooking ! They almost think of it as uncool to cook good food !
I have made it clear that she is not expected to make tea/coffee, first thing in the morning and cook food at the begining and end of the day, even if she is as tired as I am, maybe more,and yet never ever expected to complain to be a servant, a cook, a mother,a wife, even if she doesn't want to; and is learning just like I am as to what I want from her...She has all the liberty to be clumsy and sloppy most times and knows that I won't like it if she is too demanding, or if she learns faster than me :p
She can have her own set of friends, and that includes boys and even men at
her workplace too, those, who she knows from school days(i dont know why they make a big deal out of friends in the opp sex) ...she need not put all that on the back-burners to avoid my irrational jealousy,unnecessary competition and my inherent insecurities...becasue all these things are as non existant as my 6 pack abs ! I'm cool !
And Yes, she can drink (without getting too drunk:-) and dance as she wants ,need not think that I won't like it ... She can be late from work once in a while when deadlines demand her to be at work...I ve lived my life after college with ridiculous deadlines
She need not go out of the way to do her level best to make this most important
relationship in her entire life a grand success, She is perfectly fine the way she is ! My tolerance levels are sky high anyway :p ...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

valentines daykku ice podureengalaa?
- by varutha padaaadha vaalibar sangam group member

Zak said...

no ! me always V V S thalaivan! how u doing ! and valentines day is nonsense in the way its looked at in our country ! i hate it !

Bungz said...

Hey! You've written one sensible post!!

Zak said...

bungz calm down ... ur perception of sense and non sense must be really poor

Bungz said...

At least i can sort of figure it out... Unlike you who hasn't the vaguest idea :p

Appletini said...

Soooo SWEET! Your wife is a lucky woman :)

Zak said...

so ur also one of those types :-)

no im not telling that she can ! im telling the world that thats my stand on marriage ! i find most weddings around me skewed from what i think is a normal married life ! WHO ARE YOU BTW !

and im not against woman or reservations for them ! train ticket discount is a pathetic meaningless reservattion , if at all it is considereed to be a reservation ! i would have said the same if it was given for men!

Zak said...

and u sound like bungis elder sister :p

Zak said...

is blogging ur fulltime profession :p

Zak said...

i happen to be online ! well ! speciality ! I am totally special ! there is nothing about me that is not special