Yesterday something very special to me ,left me . I’m in the midst switching out clothes for winter,sipping some wine etc.kiddin. I am just trying to make myself feel cosy !I am damn sleepy now ! So Ill quickly do this ! this one was the pair of franco leone shoes that I bought in 2000 sometime ! This pair of shoes was the most amazing. It stuck to my foot till yesterday ! I think I paid (maybe) 2400 INR for them, and they were the perfect formal shoes I have ever had. It was the only one actually! It gives me so many memories that I am really feeling bad !
-They were purchased while on a Easter holiday in a shop in a mall called Cheran Towers in Coimbatore! SHE was there when I got it ! SHE picked it for me ! I vaguely remember her now ! Those were fun days! Best days !I really dont remember being sad at any point then ! It was that phase! Anyway, I needed a pair of shoes, because i was going to need one as I would be attending campus interviews in college ! Anyway, little did I know what an integral role this spontaneous purchase would play in the next few years of my life!
-These shoes came with me to A year in singapore, All my fun trips, Bangalore so many times, Everyday to work with me for almost 6 years,Hyderabad, Nagercoil , Every nook and corner in Chennai ,To my college,To movie theatres, To Restaurants , Goa,Kerala, and more that I just can’t remember right now…
I noticed that it had a slit in the back last week. probably because of me walking more miles in those shoes than any sneaker I’ve ever owned. Btw it had a really funky odour to it. I knew I needed to get rid of it , but for some reason I was unable to part ways with it . It reminds me of so many unforgettable things in my life ! It reminds me of that wonderful first real love in my life seven years ago ! It reminds me of my house ! It reminds me walking around my house in coimbatore ! When i used to remove it and throw it from my room into the hall room for someone to pick it and put it in place! I just wanted it to become unusable ! Well, today I knew it was time, so this is it...
Thanks for all the wonderful times, for protecting my feet from blisters, carrying me to all the wonderful places we’ve been over the last seven years, and managing to keep me from not looking too casual at work.thanks for putting up with all my stinking socks all these years ! You were with me the first day of work after college, the first time I moved out on my own, the first time I bought a piece of crap ...! everything else ... I am devastated that you couldnt cling on to me for my day ! Anyway Tonight we part ways, but I will always have the memories Thank you my dear shoe, for being there for me !
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
its just a stinky old shoe....buy another pair!
haha megha your comments crack me up :p
Shoes come and go...just throw it away ;p
thank you thank you *bow* :D
i have to write about my underwear..
Yuck.... and Ewwww to chriz and you.
I have an old wallet with me that I'm using for nearly 4 years.. I feel the same about it too !!!
For once I agree with this post!!
Insensitive.. I agree with scribbler.. I too have an old comb that is literally toothless.. I am not being sarcastic.. :P
I cant believe so many of you thought I was serious :p ...anyway I am touched
u were serious. now ur embarrassed this is just covering up ur tracks. useless!
Post a Comment