For those wondering why i have that title! My blog was dark sky blue in colour a few mins back! It sucked ...I agree!
Today I happened to be at the sathyam cinema hall with my brother after a nice long day at office.Saw this amazingly funny tamil movie called 'marudhamalai' ! Night show! The movie's comedy track is a real highlight!
It turned out to be an absolutely fabulous day in the end ! I had the most pleasant of surprises waiting for me after the movie . I was waiting near my car, talking to someone over the phone as there were a few number of cars yet to move in front of my car! My brother was on the other side of the car checking out the chicks walking by ! And i hear this very very familiar voice behind me calling me by name ! The last i heard that voice was on April 24th 2001 ! The last day of college ! Convocation! But I recognised the voice immediatly so well! It was as if It was stored in some corner of my brain and was immediatly looked up with ! It was Sushmitha My classmate in college along with her husband who also is my college senior!! I was so glad she even identified me after so many years ! But i guess thats because of my ethereal charm !
After so many years ! Really did not recognise her for a few secs! I mean I was wondering who on earth is calling me from behind in the car park in sathyam at that time in the middle of the night! May be I would have immediatly recognised her if it was during the day! Anyway she was no way looking close to how she used to be in college ...I guess she also thought the same about me ! spoke for a few mins only as I had to remove the car from there ! Logically thinking i neednt have as ours were the only two cars there at the time we were talking ! sometimes it happens :-E ...Nostalgia can switch off your brain... She lives in chennai now and then ...we haven’t seen each other in six years or so. I was really glad to see her. Maybe even more glad than I would have thought I would ! And she is pregnant! It was beautiful to see her that way for some reason!I dont know why I felt so nice seeing her like that ! May be because I remember her only in a particular way ,from college! All those beautiful silly unforgetable memories! Labs ,Internal Exams ,Semesters ,all the picnics and tours , fights ,ego clashes ,placements in the final year ,the preparations for it,movies ,birthday bashes ,hostel etc etc ...College was amazing indeed!
Sometimes there are some people in life who are there with you for some time at some phase in your life. They are not your best friends for life or worst enemies for life! They are there ! They spend time with you for reasons like, they were part of your class in school or college or they used to play with you when you played for the district or state soccer team or live with you in your neighbourhood at some point! They fill your life with good memories ! May be because they are meant to be just like that in your life and move on with their life when time comes! They never cross the line ! The emotional barrier that only a few are allowed to cross is never breached! Yet you share a lot with them! You realise it one day...like me today :-) ...The relationship would never have been painful! You wont remember anything bad about them! And it will be the nicest feeling when you see them after a few long years ! It was one of those days today ! I am feeling unbelievably nice !...
And btw best friends can be incorrigibly painful in life actually at times :p...
I am going to watch "enemy at the gates " now . Karen dont call me and disturb my sleep tomorrow before 12 pm !
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
man! you must have had a huge crush on her in college!!!
oh, so nice.... the post I mean.
We are meeting tomorrow bro, so sleep as long as you like.
WHATT ! you are a moron! and so is a girls brain in general - so retarded ...I think I should re edit the post - what made you think like that ... I was just talking abt my college and buddies there in general when I said "All those beautiful silly unforgetable memories! Labs ,Internal Exams ,Semesters ,all the picnics and tours , fights ,ego clashes ,placements in the final year ,the preparations for it,movies ,birthday bashes ,hostel etc etc ...College was amazing indeed!" ...I would have written the same even If I had met any one of the guys from my class in a similar situation ... Now dont brilliantly ask me how a guy can get pregnant ...DAMN you...
you removed my comment! Have you been taking tips from Anju?
anju bobby george! she doesnt blog !
nice post..it would be nice to see someone after ages!!
yeah! so lets meet after 45 years! when you will be still 22 :p
very funny!omg i cant even imagine myself after 45 years..i'm already old..after 45 years i'll be near death....or even dead
why are you not a celebrity!
"because of my ethereal charm"
Pity she doesnt read your blog.
Post a Comment