Friday, August 24, 2007

The Mahathma's perception of Reality

Despite the fact that the future will be filled with an ever growing number of idiots ,I remain optimistic.I will explain why I feel immune from their influence and why you might too.My explanation starts with a serious prediction that will make you shake your head ,roll your eyes,and wonder what's gotten into me . It is going to be bizzare and thought provoking .Ill try to turn off my humour mode,because what your going to read is so strange that you would be waiting for the punch line instead of following the point .How well do you visually understand the universe.Almost everything we know is based on looking at things.We make microscopes to check out small things.Telescopes to see distant things.We make vehicles to take us where we want to go.So one of our most fundamental beliefs is that the things we see with our eyes are a good approximation of reality.But this doesnt help you always. There was a time when we had a backward perception that the Sun was going around the earth becuase it looked that way.We thought the earth was flat until someone took a boat and sailed across the sea to check it out. These might look like isolated incidents in primitive times.But these involve the biggest objects we see in reality.These were not trivial misunderstandings .Our eyesight was inadequate.Are you getting curious yet or just confused ?Anyway this is a hugely important question ,because if your view of reality is flawed then probably your strategies to succeed is also flawed.if you change your assumptions ,you have to change your plan ?

I am sure that some of what I am going to say might sound scientificaly innacurate and illogical .It wont make any difference to my purpose.I am just trying to help you understand how reality COULD look completley different from what you percieve and still LOOK exactly the way it looks.Some of the common assumptions that we have

* Time goes forward

* Objects move

Obviously if any one of those assumptions is wrong ,your entire view of reality is totally ,fundamentally ,completley wrong. Information in the present can change the past .Read that sentence again .I'll wait.Let me say it in another way ,because I know it is too hard to grasp . When someone tells me a phone number quickly,I hear all the numbers,but dont have any impression in what order they were spoken .It is as if they all came at once.I am losing track .Wait. I tried to explain something. If I poke you in the butt with a pin ,you jump before your conscious mind realises what happened. But your immediate memory will be that you felt a poke and then moved.Now you actually percieved time backward,because what really happened was that you jumped from reflex and only afterwards realised why .If brains can percieve time in any order ,it raises a question of whether time is an independant thing or just a preception .Our perception of colour for example. It is just a perception caused by the reflection of light .It is not a quality of the object ,though we assume it that way. Keep an apple in a dimly lit room with yellow light.Flash green light on the apple. You will understand what I mean. So I am wondering similarly if time is also something in our mind and not outside.
Most of you would agree that reality is full of objects that move around.Planets move ,people move ,molecules move ,electrons move .Everything is moving all the time.I am saying that whatever we see is an optical illusion. Bugs Bunny seems to be moving,but it is actually an illusion created by lots of still frames being shown in a sequence .I say reality is like that ,infinite universes existing at once .What if every possible universe existed simultaneously ,each one only slightly different than its neighbour ,like the frame of bugs bunny ?All the people and objects are frozen in one position .The only thing that moves in reality is ur perception ,inhabiting one "you" after another in an endless string of non moving universes .Your pereption would be that you were in one universe ,but everything in it was moving.
In fact the only thing that would be moving would be your line of perception from "you" to another in each adjacent universe .And because each frozen universe is slightly different ,your perception is that the things in it are moving .Have you ever pulled across a bus at a signal in your car.When the bus gradually moves out of the side corner of our eye,you sometimes think incorrectly that your car is going backwards - because your field of reference is changing .You frantically press the breaks to stop it .Your perception of motion is completely opposite from reality.Whatever I am trying to say cant be proven ,but then you cant disprove it either .May be there are lots of other models that would result in my current perception...

Anyway .I am bored of writing and reading posts involving nostalgia and primitive diseases that used to infect us in our native tribal village.I am sure everyone is perceiving it in the same way too :p . Tell me what do you think of the universe and our existance ! Jude once told me "we are insignificant specks in the scheme of the universe"(some one even said the earth is a pale blue dot if you look at it from jupiter) . I stopped caring about myself after that . I stopped working out . I put on weight .I lost my stamina.I became lethargic .I lost my sense of rational judgement.I had useless creepy girl friends. Started wasting money . Now you all know who is the reason for my current state of existense! Anyway coming back to the point I made initially about the idiots! If someone doesnt appreciate what you do you can safely assume he/she has a perception problem and is a complete idiot and move on :-)

3 comments:

Appletini said...

Time goes on...whether you are ready for it or not. So you have a choice, move on with it or be miserable.

Anonymous said...

you are wasting your time in the IT world... please grow a beard .. if it does not grow, atleast fix something that looks like a beard.. wear a saffron attire and start giving speeches... this post is so philosophical mahatma..
standing ovation...(i just literally did it in my cubicle).. my colleagues dunno why i clapped.. never mind

Zak said...

gracias chronic