Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hope vs Expectation

A moron who was a close friend of mine once told me, when you are pissed off with something , the two ways out are either have a fabulous dinner , or play soccer. I always tried the latter when I was in school as it was easier for me and the former after school :-) The reason I am taking the third route of writing shit now is because I can neither have a nice dinner done nor go and play a game of soccer right now ... I have been hearing RAIN DROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD continuously for the past 1 hr, and its now playing for the 16th time . I never seem to get bored of the song . Who cares, atleast it gives me the notion of being alive and having all I want or need... One thing that I learn and forget again and again is not to expect from others at any cost and I really can't help it anytime. For in its true form isn't expectation, hope and how can someone continue treading this earth without hope. Or, am I mistaken. Is expectation a form of hope bounded by time and space, defined attribute by attribute in accordance with one's desires ? Because hope and expectation are completely opposite in their nature. You expect A to go out with you, you expect B to do C for you and you expect D from E when you are feeling F(ked) :-). But hope never involves A,B,C,D and E. Hope is about having a faith that you will heal from getting F(ed), how and when, u dont know, and u dont define. The moment you define how and when, it becomes an expectation and then if u are lucky, things happen the same way you imagined and you feel life is beautiful, and if you are the unlucky one, which is the case most times, you hit the ground one more time. Its a challenge for me now, to change my expectations to hope. To remove the variables A,B,C,D and E and fight with F alone :-)

On a completely unconnected note, I realise that what kind of lies have we been taught since our birth. "Good begets Good". Bullshit ! If there is a rule that holds true, its "Bad begets Worse". Out there people have a life of their own to deal with, who cares what you do, atmost you are honoured with a few nice thoughts like , " he is a nice boy ", or they will talk about it in a fucking party. That is it, fullstop. Thoughts trickling down to the level of actions, happens but rarely. Professional relations are great in this regard. You don't have a bad conscience of thinking that the other person is a bastard and will cheat on you, for its just a matter of time and he will prove you right. Besides you never expect. May be people should also draw these contracts in friendship and love. Why do people dream and promise to fly when they neither have wings nor they make an effort to grow one.

I also finally took up the task of cleaning my room , I have removed more than 500 grams of pure fine dust, and another 10Kg of Trash, finally I can see the floor of my room. I am thinking of setting up a dance floor here now. Let me see if it works out !

9 comments:

Gomathy S said...

Whats spidy doing in your blog???

PurpleHeart said...

Yeah....wht has he got to do with the entire post ??? Anyways...cleaning up the room is a good way to kick start self purification ! Amen !

Appletini said...

A dance floor sounds FABULOUS!

Karen Xavier said...

saj, hope you and F have a fabulous time on the dance floor...

Zak said...

pervert

Zak said...

actually i wanted to say "thanks but no thanks if u meant Fer*** for F " :p ...but i didnt do that being the nice guy i am

Karen Xavier said...

Hey stick to your pals....

Zak said...

who wants urs !

wildeyes said...

who is F?n y are u guys chatting here instead of on msn or the fone?